Last updated on July 17th, 2018
Losing weight is certainly not easy, but that doesn’t mean it always has to be difficult. Creating a small number of easy lifestyle changes can pack a huge weight loss knock over a period of time.
Badly trying to clutch in workouts and avoiding your favorite eatables, can appear like there is nothing pain-free regarding it. Try to burn calories by beachcombing, riding bicycles, grass skiing, making snow angels, hiking, and washing the car. You can play Frisbee, dance if you feel that working out in the gym is boring. Go walking whenever possible like a park walks, use staircases, play some music when you mop. Add your favorite fruit to your lunch box and your breakfast.
If you want to make eating painless, lay your meal on a smaller plate. It prevents you from overeating and makes you feel more content. It will also help your body to digest food efficiently. Weight loss is certainly not easy, but knowing that it gets easier is a great way to motivate yourself. Obesity is one of the most common health problems leading to diseases like hypertension, diabetes, and heart diseases.
For those looking to take the baby steps to lose weight, below are a few ways that will aid you:
- Be tolerant. If you set up unworkable expectations, you may only end up disheartened and unlikely to go on with your diet. Remember that sustainable weight loss is a long and fixed process. Weigh yourself once a week to monitor your progress.
- Divert yourself. Do not think all the time about diet and losing weight. Keep yourself occupied with your day to day work and hobbies.
- Eat small portions. Instead of skipping breakfast and then eating a big lunch or dinner, spread various meals and snacks throughout the day. By doing this throughout the day your body metabolism will kick start and you will start burning calories more efficiently. Place less food on your plate when you’re done, you’ll likely feel full as if you’d eaten twice as much.
- Workout when watching TV. You can watch your favorite show while on the treadmill instead of lying on the couch.
- Drink water. Staying hydrated all the way through helps you work out for a longer duration. Drinking a glass of water before and after meals will assist you to feel less hungry and stop overeating.
- Eat what you like. Plan a diet that will include as many healthy food items you like. Select healthy foods that you enjoy like nuts, carrots, grapes, blueberries, snow peas, etc in moderation in your daily meals. Eat only when sitting at a table and avoid mindless eating.
- Walk. Every day 10 minutes brisk walk can help you boost your metabolism. This leads to burning calories throughout the day. You don’t have to run a marathon for losing weight, walking is enough.
- Don’t drink calories. Soft drinks, sweetened tea, juices and sweetened coffee drinks contain calories. Beverages are mostly sugar calories hence, limit them.
You should also have positive thoughts about what you can have, how you can enjoy, and what you can do. Don’t forget to laugh as laughter helps reduce stress.